This blog has been moved to my personal site Yemkay.com

Add to Google Reader or Homepage Subscribe in Bloglines Add to netvibes

Friday, May 25, 2007

ஜப்பானிய கில்லிகள் (Japanese Gilli's)

Some time back, I received a video shot during Diwali celebration in Japan(I believe so). I had just created an YouTube account and I uploaded this video. It went on to hit 1 Lac views in a short time. YouTube is really rocking with a huge user base. No wonder why Google acquired it for $1.65 Billion.

Coming back to the video content, really these Japanese (??? Somebody please help me to find out the real location, by interpreting some audience talks heard in this video) kids deserve a huge applause for their spectacular dance for this Tamil song.

I have also uploaded the original song from the Movie "Gilli". I would suggest you to watch the Movie dance and then go for the stage performance. You will fell the difference.

Song : Shalala
Movie: Gilli

Original Dance by Trisha & Co.




Stage performance by Japanese kids


Don't forget to follow the shortest kid at the right end of first row. She makes her movements by watching her neighbors. That's a cute act, and she does it smartly throughout the song. I like the portion 1:13 till 1:25 very much.


Click here to watch the original video in YouTube.
Have a great weekend!!!!.

3 comments:

அ. இரவிசங்கர் | A. Ravishankar said...

படத்தில தான் heroineஅ விட்டு side actress பார்க்குறோம்னா இங்கயுமா :)

SPK Microbiology Blog said...

Dear Karthik,
This video with Jap kids are wonderful. I am sure it is something rare to be preserved.Is it possible for me to download this video? Or can you please send to me in e mail ID(satiek@hotmail.com)
Satheesh Kumar

Karthik said...

Satheesh,
Use Firefox, and install a plugin called "VideoDownloader". Then browse to this page, click on "VideoDownloader" button and save the video file in "FLV" format. You will have to use a FLV player to view that video.